“The universe if made of stories, not of atoms.” Muriel Rukeyser
As we bid 2010 farewell, it’s a good time to take a look at the strides we’ve made over the last twelve months. As I think through this past year from a writing perspective, there are many moments that brought me joy and satisfaction and gave evidence that I can bring my creative powers to fruition if I am willing to stay disciplined and focused. Here are a few of the steps I took to write dangerously that fill me with hope and energy:
• I began moving steadily toward my goal of concentrating on my fiction.
• I came up with the idea for a motivational blog: karinwritesdangerously.
• I worked with a designer to create my blog banner, which I love!
• With help from Luis, my talented brother-in-law, I launched my blog.
• So far, I’ve written more than 200 posts daily — amazing even myself!
• I’m wrapping up the first draft of my YA novel — very exciting.
• I’ve had some great sessions with my writing group.
• I’ve attended loads of events to inspire myself and other writers.
• I’ve been blessed with some wonderful and loyal supporters.
How about your writing year? As you look back over your progress:
• What work gave you most pleasure and satisfaction?
• What are you most proud of achieving?
• What steps did you take to get the results you wanted?
• How have you grown and what have you learned?
• What new writing habits did you develop that supported your goals?
• What have you realized you need to work on to move forward?
• What’s the biggest challenge you faced in the past year?
• What projects are still pending that you want to push ahead on?
May 2011 bring you peace, prosperity, progress, and pages. Write on!