The Writer’s Digest Annual Competition is still going strong after more than 80 years and it’s fast approaching: The early bird deadline is May 4. To give anyone who might want to enter a jump start on getting their work ready, I’m spotlighting the contest, which you may enter in one of more of the following categories:
* Inspirational Writing (Spiritual/Religious)
* Memoirs/Personal Essay
* Magazine Feature Article
* Genre Short Story (Mystery, Romance, etc.)
* Mainstream/Literary Short Story
* Rhyming Poetry
* Non-rhyming Poetry
* Stage Play
* Television/Movie Script
* Children’s/Young Adult Fiction
One Grand Prize winner will enjoy:
* An announcement of the winner on the cover of Writer’s Digest
* $5,000 in cash
* An author interview in Writer’s Digest
* National exposure for their work
* One-on-one attention with four editors or agents
* A paid trip to the upcoming Writer’s Digest Conference
* A 30-minute platform strategy consultation
* a one-year subscription to Writer’s Digest Tutorials
First place will receive $1,000 in cash, Second place will receive $500 in cash, and
Third place will receive $250 in cash, along with other benefits.
All entries must be original, in English, unpublished and unproduced, and not accepted by any other publisher or producer at the time of submission. Writer’s Digest retains one-time nonexclusive publication rights to the Grand Prize and First Place winning entries in each category to be published in a Writer’s Digest publication.
Enter online or submit your entry via regular mail. Offline entries must be accompanied by an Entry Form, and the required entry fee. For more details, visit: writersdigest.com — Annual Competition. Write on!