From time to time, with the goal of keeping us all up to date and in tune with what’s happening in publishing, I like to give a heads up on awards and contest that might prove of interest. Here’s one to consider: The Writer’s Digest Self-Published e-Book Awards.
The deadline is: September 21. The genres for submission are:
* Mainstream/Literary Fiction
* Genre Fiction (Romance, Horror, Science Fiction, Humor, etc.)
* Nonfiction (General, Cookbooks, Reference, Guidebooks, Textbooks)
* Inspirational (Spiritual, New Age)
* Life Stories (Biographies, Autobiographies, Family Histories, Memoirs)
* Children’s Picture books
* Middle-Grade/Young Adult
The Grand Prize winner will receive:
• a $5,000 cash prize;
• cover exposure and a feature story in the May/June 2016 issue of Writer’s Digest;
• a paid trip to the Writer’s Digest Conference;
• 30-minute platform & marketing consultation
• $200 worth of free Writer’s Digest guides.
One First Prize winner in each category will receive:
• $1,000 in cash
• Promotion in the May/June 2016 issue of Writer’s Digest
• $100 worth of Writer’s Digest books
Every entrant this year will also receive complimentary registration for a live webinar on “Social Media for Writers,” slated for October 6, 2015. You must register and submit your ebook online. You may enter more than one book and/or more than one category; however, you must submit each book separately and pay an additional fee for each entry. Entries will be evaluated on content, writing quality and overall quality of production and appearance. All self-published ebooks released between 2010 and 2015 are eligible.
Sounds promising! So, if you have an eBook you’re excited about in one or more of the genres noted, why not throw your hat in ring? Write on!