Whatever your genre and theme, there are more and more avenues available to gain exposure and recognition for your self-published book. One of the best-established and most reputable competitions is the Writer’s Digest Self-Published Book Awards. The deadline: June 5th. It’s open to books in a range of categories:
Life Stories (Biographies, Autobiographies, Family Histories, Memoirs)
Early Readers/Children’s Picture books
One Grand Prize winner in each category will receive wide exposure and a host of benefits:
- $8,000 in cash
- A feature article in the March/April 2018 of Writer’s Digest
- A press release from Writer’s Digest sent along with a copy of your book to 10 different major publishing review houses
- A paid trip to the upcoming Writer’s Digest Conference
- A guaranteed review in Midwest Book Review
- Guaranteed acceptance in a special sales catalog, providing the Grand Prize winner with national exposure via 60,000 salespeople
- Free consulting from publishing experts in marketing/promotion.
Getting the word out about a new book is challenging for self-published authors, but the right exposure can help you find the right readers and might even attract interest from the traditional publishing community. So, if your self-published book breaks new ground and demonstrates a level of professionalism that you are proud of, why not consider submitting it for consideration?
For full details, visit: www.writersdigest.com. Write on!