From time to time, with the goal of keeping us all up to date and in tune with what’s happening in publishing, I like to give a heads up on awards and contest that might prove of interest. Here’s one to consider: The Writer’s Digest Self-Published e-Book Awards. Deadline: September. The genres for submission are:
* Mainstream/Literary Fiction
* Genre Fiction (Romance, Horror, Science Fiction, Humor, etc.)
* Nonfiction (General, Cookbooks, Reference, Guidebooks, Textbooks)
* Inspirational (Spiritual, New Age)
* Life Stories (Biographies, Autobiographies, Family Histories, Memoirs)
* Children’s Picture books
* Middle-Grade/Young Adult
The Grand Prize winner will receive:
• a $5,000 cash prize;
• cover exposure and a feature story in the May/June 2018 issue of
• a paid trip to the Writer’s Digest Conference;
• $200 worth of free Writer’s Digest guides.
One First Prize winner in each category will receive:
• $1,000 in cash
• Promotion in the May/June 2018 issue of Writer’s Digest
• $100 worth of Writer’s Digest books
Every entrant this year will receive a brief critique from one of the judges and free access to a special 60-minute webinar.
You must register and submit your e-book online. You may enter more than one book and/or more than one category; however, you must submit each book separately and pay an additional fee for each entry. Entries will be evaluated on content, writing quality and quality of production and appearance. All self-published e-books released between 2012 and 2017 are eligible.
So if you have an e-Book you’ve polished until it shines, why not consider throwing your hat in the ring? For more information, visit: http://www.writersdigest.com/writers-digest-competitions Write on!