Once again, self-published books are in the spotlight! This time around, Writer’s Digest is sponsoring its 27th annual self-published competition: the Annual Self-Published Book Awards. A heads up: The final submission deadline is fast approaching: May 1, 2019. Here are the details:
One Grand Prize winner will receive:
- $8,000 in cash
- A feature article in the March/April 2020 issue of Writer’s Digest
- A paid trip to the Writer’s Digest Annual Conference
One First Prize winner in each category will receive:
- $1,000 in cash
- Promotion in the March/April 2020 issue of Writer’s Digest
All Grand Prize and First Prize winners will receive:
- Be featured on the Writer’s Digest website
- $100 worth of Writer’s Digest Books
- A digital award seal signifying their award
Honorable Mention Winners will be featured on http://www.writersdigest.com
All entrants will receive a brief commentary from a contest judge
- Mainstream/Literary Fiction
- Genre Fiction
- Nonfiction/Reference (General Nonfiction, Guidebooks, Textbooks, How-To, etc.)
- Life Stories (Biographies, Autobiographies, Family Histories, Memoirs)
- Early Readers/Children’s Picture books
- Middle-Grade/Young Adult
- The competition is open to all English-language self-published books for which the authors have paid the full cost of publication, or the cost of printing has been paid for by a grant or as part of a prize.
- Entrants must send a printed and bound book. PDFs and proofs will not be accepted.
- Entries will be evaluated on content, writing quality and overall quality of production and appearance. No handwritten books are accepted.
- All books published or revised and reprinted between 2014 and 2019 are eligible.
For full details, visit: https://www.writersdigest.com/writers-digest-competitions/self-published-book-awards
If you have one or more self-published books you’re proud of and want to give more exposure to, why not throw your hat in the ring? Write on!
Please help KWD grow by sharing: https://karinwritesdangerously.wordpress.com/