Please help KWD grow by sharing: https://karinwritesdangerously.wordpress.com/
A heads up: the deadline is fast approaching for the Fall Fiction Contest sponsored by The Masters Review. The winner will receive $2000, online publication in The Masters Review which spotlights emerging writers, and a note from its judge on why the story was selected. A previous Fall Fiction Contest winner, Ruth Joffre, published her story collection with Grove Atlantic. Contest deadline: November 30.
- Submissions are open through Nov 30
- 6000 word limit
- Fiction only
- Emerging Writers only. The Masters Review offers a platform for new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation are welcome to submit. Writers with novels published with a circulation of fewer than 5000 copies can also submit.
- $20 submission fee
- International submissions allowed
- Previously unpublished work only
- Translations allowed, providing the story has not been published in another language
- Multiple/simultaneous submissions are allowed
- Winner receives $2000 and publication
- 2nd and 3rd place stories receive $300 and $200 respectively, as well as publication
For more information, view FAQ here
If you have a story in the 6,000-word range and you are an emerging writer, why not throw your hat in the ring? Write on!