Please help KWD grow by sharing: https://karinwritesdangerously.wordpress.com/
Here’s a great way to jump start your new writing year: Dust off a short story that you love, polish it until it sparkles, and begin submitting it! One option: the Winter Short Story Award offered by The Masters Review for emerging writers. The deadline: January 31.
Winning stories and notable Honorable Mentions receive agency review by: Nat Sobel of Sobel Weber, Victoria Cappello of The Bent Agency, Andrea Morrison of Writers House, Samantha Fingerhut of Compass Talent, and Sarah Fuentes of Fletcher & Company.
- Winner receives $3000, agency review, and publication online in The Masters Review
- Second and third place prizes ($300 / $200, publication, and agency review)
- Stories under 6000 words
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation are welcome. Writers with works published with a circulation of less than 5000 copies can also submit.)
- International submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee
- Do not include identifying information on your story
- All stories are considered for publication
- To view commonly asked questions on The Masters Review, please see FAQ page.
If you’re an emerging scribe with stories you’ve crafted with care, why not throw your hat in the ring as we all write on?