Please help KWD grow by sharing: https://karinwritesdangerously.com/
10 Positive Assumptions
- I will make and keep my commitments.
- I will find the right people who can help me.
- I will look for the answer in every problem.
- I will give up “trying.”
- I will make it okay to be”wrong” and make mistakes.
- I will create my own “good luck.”
- I will not be afraid to lose before I win.
- I will do it NOW!
- I will be who I am and become what I was meant to be.
- I will accept that all things are possible.”
Robert Anthony, Betting on Yourself, Berkley Books
What if we challenged our negative assumptions from that pesky censoring editor in our head? What if we substituted these positive ones instead and gave a positive spin to about how we’re doing and what we could actually accomplish? What would our day be like? How would we approach whatever problems cropped up?
So often, we are harder on ourselves than we would be on a friend who was experiencing what we’re going through. How about cutting ourselves some slack today and giving ourselves a pat on the back when we make a small win — and even when we’re struggling? Here’s a simple plan. Why not take one or two of these positive assumptions that seem to fit your situation and jot it on a card where you can see it? Write on!