Please help KWD grow by sharing: https://karinwritesdangerously.com
Just kidding! Not really – The Jericho Fellowship, an organization that bridges the spiritual and intellectual, is currently hosting a contest with a large prize – £8000 ($10,000 USD) in four categories for work on the theme of “utopia.” The prompt is open ended, and can be written by an author “from any discipline.” So if while sheltering in place you’ve come up with some ideas envisioning the perfect world, now’s your chance to make a splash! The deadline for all submissions: April 30th.
The contest features a prize for works on “utopia” in multiple disciplines: essay, play, music, visual arts. Here are details on for essay entries.
Awarded to the best essay on the theme “Utopia.” Submissions must be an original piece, and can be written by an author from any discipline. The essay can be Fiction or Nonfiction. The essay cannot be previously published, been accepted, or under consideration for publication elsewhere. The essay must not have been placed in any other competition, or won a previous prize.
All submissions will be reviewed by the advisory board, and the winner will receive a cash prize of €8,000. The winner will be invited to attend the symposium where they will be presented with their prize. Flights and accommodation are included.
- Maximum 2500 words in length.
- The decision of the judging panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into by the editors.
- Authors may be of any nationality.
- Authors must be over 18 years old.
- Only one entry per person will be permitted.
- The essay must be written in English.
How to enter:
- Entries should be clearly marked as submissions for the ‘Essay Prize.’
- They must be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
For more information, visit: https://www.jerichofellowship.com/prizes. Utopia, what a wonderful place to be as we all write on!