The deadline is fast approaching for the Writer’s Digest 89th Annual Writing Competition: June 22. There are a wide variety of genres to choose from:
- memoirs/personal essays
- print or online article
- genre short story (think romance, thriller, mystery, sci-fi, etc.)
- mainstream/literary short story
- rhyming poetry
- non-rhyming poetry
- script (think stage play or television/movie script)
- children’s/young adult fiction
One Grand Prize winner will receive: $5,000 in cash, an interview with the author in Writer’s Digest, a paid trip to the Writer’s Digest Annual Conference and Pitch Slam slot.
The First place winner in each category will receive $1,000 in cash
The Second place winner in each category will receive $500 cash
The Third place winner in each category will receive $250 in cash
How to Enter
- All entries must be submitted online.
- All entries must be in English. Only original works that have not been published in print, digital or online publications will be considered. Self-published work in blogs, on social media, etc. will be considered. For the script category, only unproduced scripts will be considered. Entries in the Print or Online Article category may be previously published.
- Entries exceeding the word, line or page limits will be disqualified. Type the exact word count (counting every single word, except the title) at the top of the manuscript.
- For more information visit Preparing Your Entry Page or FAQ page.
If you have a project you’ve polished until it sparkles, why not consider throwing your hat into the ring? Write on!
Please help KWD grow by sharing: https://karinwritesdangerously.com/
Ooo how exciting 🙂
Thanks so much for your note — contests can be fun!