Here’s a contest you may want to consider: The North Street Book Prize for self-published authors. Deadline: June 30, 2021. Prizes will be awarded in seven categories:
- Mainstream/Literary Fiction
- Genre Fiction
- Creative Nonfiction & Memoir
- Children’s Picture Book
- Graphic Novel & Memoir
- Art Book
- One grand prize winner will receive $5,000, a marketing analysis and one-hour phone consultation with Carolyn Howard-Johnson, a $300 credit at BookBaby, and 3 free ads in the Winning Writers newsletter (a $525 value)
- The top winner in each category will receive $1,000, a marketing analysis and one-hour phone consultation with Carolyn Howard-Johnson, a $300 credit at BookBaby, and one free ad in the Winning Writers newsletter (a $175 value)
- One honorable mention in each category will receive $250
- We will publish online excerpts from all entries that win a prize, along with critiques from the judges
Length limit: 200,000 words maximum. You may submit a collection of short stories or essays as a single entry. No restriction on age of author. No restriction on year of publication. Submit an ebook or a printed book. All countries eligible except Syria, Iran, North Korea, and Crimea (due to US government restrictions). All contestants receive a free PDF download of Great Little Last-Minute Editing Tips for Writers by Carolyn Howard-Johnson and free guides from Book Baby.
If you have one or more self-published boois you’re proud of, why not throw your hat in the ring? Write on!
Please help KWD grow by sharing: https://karinwritesdangerously.com/