The Masters Review is hosting a Summer Short Story Award for New Writers, a prize that recognizes the best fiction from today’s emerging writers. The winning story will be awarded $3000 and publication online. Second and third place stories will be awarded publication and small cash prizes.
All winning stories and any notable Honorable Mentions will receive agency review by the following: Nat Sobel from Sobel Weber, Victoria Cappello from The Bent Agency, Andrea Morrison from Writers House, Sarah Fuentes from Fletcher & Company, Heather Schroder from Compass Talent, and Siohban McBride from Carnicelli Literary Management. Deadline: August 31, 2021.
- Winner receives $3000, publication, and agency review
- Second and third place prizes ($300 / $200, publication, and agency review)
- Stories under 6000 words
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (The Masters Review offers a platform to new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections are welcome to submit. Writers with novels published with small circulations (around 5000 copies) can also submit.)
- International English submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee
- No identifying information on your story
- All stories are considered for publication
- For more information, see FAQ page.
If you’re an emerging writer with a great story to tell, why not throw your hat in the ring? You have to be in it to win it! Write on!
Please help KWD grow by sharing: https://karinwritesdangerously.com/