We don’t have any preferences topically or in terms of style. We’re simply looking for the best. We don’t define, nor are we interested in, stories identified by their genre. We do, however, consider ourselves a publication that focuses on literary fiction. Dazzle us, take chances, and be bold….Our mission from day one has been to support emerging writers. We want you to succeed. We want your words to be read. The Masters Review
An open invitation to be creative and plays with genres! Very inviting!The Masters Review’s Short Story Award for New Writers is a bi-annual contest for emerging writers. Deadline: August 28th.
This year’s winner will receive a $3,000 prize and agency review, and their story will be published online in late winter/early spring. Second and third place finalists will be awarded publication, agency review and $300/$200 prizes.
Literary agents reviewing submissions: Nat Sobel from Sobel Weber, Victoria Cappello from The Bent Agency, Andrea Morrison from Writers House, Sarah Fuentes from Fletcher & Company, and Heather Schroder from Compass Talent.
- Winner receives $3000, publication, and agency review
- Stories under 6000 words
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only; writers with book-length work published or under contract with a major press are ineligible. (We are interested in offering a larger platform to new writers. Authors with short story collections are free to submit unpublished work, as are writers with books published by indie presses.)
- International English submissions allowed. No translations.
- Double-spaced, 12 pt easy-to-read font (i.e., Times New Roman, Garamond, etc.) please!
- $20 entry fee.
- All stories are considered for publication
- All submissions will receive a response by the end of November
- Winners will be announced by the end of December.
If you’re an “emerging writer, “ why not polish your work and submit. All it takes is one winning story to launch you. Write on!
Please help KWD grow by sharing: https://karinwritesdangerously.com/