“Fear is a learned response.”
Celebrating a landmark event is so much fun — and so exciting! Just tonight, I had the wonderful pleasure of joining a spirited group of women at the first annual Woman of the Year award ceremony hosted by The Fearless Factor, an enterprise founded by Jacqueline Wales — a creative dynamo and author.
One of the event’s honorees, Analisa Balares — the founder of Womensphere.org — talked about five powers that she believes we can harness to boost our own personal fearless factor, whatever our goals. I listened with great attention because karinwritesdangerously is all about bringing a sense of fearlessness to my writing and helping you do the same. I have a long way to go, I know. But I’m out there slugging at it every day — I’m in the game and that’s what counts. And if you’re reading this, so are you.
Here’s a quick look at the five powers Analisa believes we can all mobilize:
• the power of love: it moves mountains and nourishes us spiritually.
• the power of teamwork: knowing that you don’t have to go it alone;
• the power of partnership: forging alliances that can push you forward;
• the power of purpose: having a goal that truly inspires and sustains you;
• the power of community: feeling that you’re supported and connected.
Somehow, these five powers seem very relevant to the writing life, don’t they? Just imagine how unstoppable we’ll be when we get all five moving in the same direction.
And guess what: In a raffle, I won a Fearless Factor Mastery course — just perfect for my writing dangerously adventure!