Here’s a great way to shake off the Winter blues: Dust off a short story that you love, polish it until it sparkles, and begin submitting it! One option: the Winter Short Story Award offered by The Masters Review, a prize for emerging writers. The deadline: January 31.
Winning stories and notable Honorable Mentions receive agency review by: Nat Sobel of Sobel Weber, Victoria Cappello of The Bent Agency, Andrea Morrison of Writers House, Mark Gottlieb of Trident Media, and Sarah Fuentes of Fletcher & Company.
- Winner receives $3000, agency review, and publication online in The Masters Review
- Second and third place prizes ($300 / $200, publication, and agency review)
- Stories under 7000 words
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation are welcome. Writers with works published with a circulation of less than 5000 copies can also submit.)
- International submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee
- Do not include identifying information on your story
- All stories are considered for publication
- To view commonly asked questions on The Masters Review, please see FAQ page.
- Please help KWD grow: https://karinwritesdangerously.com/