From time to time, with the goal of keeping us all up to date and in tune with what’s happening in publishing, I like to give a heads up on awards and contest that might prove of interest. Here’s one to consider: The 27th Writer’s Digest Self-Published Awards. Early bird deadline: April 1. The genres for submission are:
* Mainstream/Literary Fiction
* Genre Fiction (Romance, Horror, Science Fiction, Humor, etc.)
* Nonfiction (General, Cookbooks, Reference, Guidebooks, Textbooks)
* Inspirational (Spiritual, New Age)
* Life Stories (Biographies, Autobiographies, Family Histories, Memoirs)
* Children’s Picture books
* Middle-Grade/Young Adult
The Grand Prize winner will receive:
• an $8,000 cash prize;
• cover exposure and a feature story in an upcoming issue of
• a paid trip to the Writer’s Digest Conference;
• free Writer’s Digest guides.
One First Prize winner in each category will receive:
• $1,000 in cash
• Promotion in an upcoming issue of Writer’s Digest
• Writer’s Digest books
You must register and submit your book online. You may enter more than one book and/or more than one category; however, you must submit each book separately and pay an additional fee for each entry. Entries will be evaluated on content, writing quality and quality of production and appearance.
So if you have a self-published book you’ve polished until it shines, why not consider throwing your hat in the ring? For more information, visit: http://www.writersdigest.com/writers-digest-competitions Write on!
Please help KWD grow by sharing: https://karinwritesdangerously.wordpress.com/