The Masters Review is hosting its first Novel Excerpt Contest. Emerging writers are invited to apply. The Review focuses on offering a larger platform to new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation (fewer than 5000 copies) are welcome to submit. Deadline: November 30, 2021.
According to its guidelines for the Novel Excerpt Contest, The Review is “looking for excerpts that show off a sense of style, with a clear grasp on craft: narrative, character, and plot. Choose wisely! Your excerpt can come from any point in your completed or in-progress novels, but a synopsis should not be required for understanding the excerpt.”
Excerpts must be from previously unpublished novels; self-published novels are ineligible. While there are no limitations on genre, The Review is mainly interested in literary fiction.
- Winner receives $3000, publication and consultation with an agent
- Second and third place prizes ($300 / $200, publication and agent feedback)
- Excerpts under 6000 words
- Excerpts from unpublished novels only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions are invited
- International English submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee
- All excerpts are considered for publication
- A significant portion of the editorial letter fees go to our feedback`
If you’re an emerging, aspiring writer with a novel in your back pocket, why not consider submitting an excerpt? Write on!
Please help KWD grow by sharing: https://karinwritesdangerously.com/
Thanks, Karin. I just happen to have an unfinished novel in my back pocket.
That’s wonderful! Be sure to check the guidelines—think this contest is for emerging writers!
Still, we are all emerging, aren’t we!