The Masters Review is hosting its first Novel Excerpt Contest. Emerging writers are invited to apply. The Review focuses on offering a larger platform to new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation (fewer than 5000 copies) are welcome to submit. Deadline: November 30, 2021.
According to its guidelines for the Novel Excerpt Contest, The Review is “looking for excerpts that show off a sense of style, with a clear grasp on craft: narrative, character, and plot. Choose wisely! Your excerpt can come from any point in your completed or in-progress novels, but a synopsis should not be required for understanding the excerpt.”
Excerpts must be from previously unpublished novels; self-published novels are ineligible. While there are no limitations on genre, The Review is mainly interested in literary fiction.
- Winner receives $3000, publication and consultation with an agent
- Second and third place prizes ($300 / $200, publication and agent feedback)
- Excerpts under 6000 words
- Excerpts from unpublished novels only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions are invited
- International English submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee
- All excerpts are considered for publication
- A significant portion of the editorial letter fees go to our feedback`
If you’re an emerging, aspiring writer with a novel in your back pocket, why not consider submitting an excerpt? Write on!
Please help KWD grow by sharing: https://karinwritesdangerously.com/